If we get up early, we begin to see daylight as the sun rises. After a long night, daylight appears. We enjoy the promise of a new day.
Sometimes our lives feel like a long night.
We face problems with no end in sight.
- We think we will never get out of school.
- Our job never seems to end.
- Goals appear too far away to reach.
We begin to see daylight when success seems possible.
- Classes are almost over.
- We near the end of our long task.
- Our goals appear within reach.
We finally see light at the end of the tunnel.
We don’t see daylight when we look the wrong way.
If we fail to look outside, we never see the sun rise. If we always look on the bad side of everything, we never see the good. We remain down in the dumps.
As this New Year begins, we choose.
- Will we focus on our problems and the dark side of life?
- Or, will we look up and begin to see daylight?
- When we begin to see daylight, will we let our light shine?
“My God turns my darkness into light” (Psalm 18:28 NIV).
Do you have a favorite expression or one you want explained? If so, please comment.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends.