I love to hear Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney sing “Count Your Blessings” in the movie White Christmas. I also love the words of the hymn “Count Your Blessings.” In recent years, Laura Story’s “Blessings” has become another favorite.
Laura wrote “Blessings” after she learned her husband had a brain tumor. I first heard it after my husband’s brain tumor diagnosis. Laura tells her family’s story in this video.
All three of these songs remind me (and you) to be thankful.
We can count our blessings at all times.
- During good times and bad
- Whether rich or poor
- When alone or with others
Hard times can be blessings in disguise.
- Illness often gives us a greater love for life.
- Job loss sometimes leads to a better job.
- Pain can make us stronger.
- Money problems can teach us better spending habits.
Let’s think about the good in our lives and give thanks. When life gets hard, let’s ask God to show us the blessings in those experiences.
“May God our Father shower you with blessings and fill you with his great peace” (Colossians 1:2 TLB)
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends.